Saturday, June 17, 2006

Second time skindiving at Tai Au Mun

I spent an hour in the water, a bit further down from the rock carvings, towards the heli-pad. This is also the spot Raymond takes his students. Its not as steep, rocky bottom, no corals. I did not se many big fish, but several schools of small ones. I went quite far, almost to the heli-pad.

I picked up 2.2kg of weights from Raymond, and put them in an old pocket weight-belt. The amount was just right. However, I might want the weight more towards the chest area; so I might build a vest similar to this one. The fins fit perfectly with neoprene socks.

Also, I put on some old Akona ArmorTex gloves, which were just perfect for grabbing onto sharp rocks.

Afterwards, I tried to find a way down the cliffs in Clear Water Bay Country Park, where the water at the bottom seems extremely clear. However, it turned out to be quite step and dangerous, so I decided to put it off. Hiking with full equipment and weights is far from a pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home