Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Highest Visibility in Lobster Bay

I spent the late afternoon 4:30 - 6:00, in Lobster Bay. It has not rained in a couple of days, and the visibility was amazing. I have not seen water like this in Hong Kong, visibility must have been close to 10 meters. This allowed for great snorkeling, as I could actually see the ground from the surface.


Among other fishes, I saw some Blue streak cleaner wrasse (Labroides dimidiatus), who did not want to hold still for a picture.

Some of the free diving equipment, I used for the first time. The buoy is from Decathlon. It works great, has some weights to keep it in an upright position, and several D-rings t attach equipment, like my camera. Christel’s dad made a little anchor from stainless steel, on a 10m PP line. When snorkeling around, I snap the anchor to my weight belt, and thus drag the buoy. The weight belt is also new, from Beuchat, Marseilles style. It is essentially a real belt, made from thick black rubber, with a big buckle. The belt fits really well, does not travel up or down, and is elastic enough to allow for breathing. However, it is a bit uncomfortable in the naked skin.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home