Friday, June 23, 2006

Another afternoon in Clear Water Bay





I spent another afternoon in Clear Water Bay. It was low tide, some of the bay lay dry, and the rest was very shallow. Water was around body temperature, almost like a bath. Visibility was good, especially with bright afternoon sunlight. There were no Cornett fish, but I saw another puffer fish that quickly disappeared. I saw another moray eel, same species but larger specimen as last time (50cm). Surprisingly it was hunting in open water, at around 1m depth, and only hid under a rock as it saw me. Usually, one would expect moray eel to hunt in the dusk or dawn, as they do not see very well, and rely on their smelling. For the first time, I saw little anemone fish.
My setup for free-diving is almost ideal; I feel very comfortable with it. However, I have to work on my skills in ambushing fish for pictures. Too often the fish are too quick and disappear. Also, I have to handle the switch between normal and macro mode on the camera more quickly. Now, too many pictures turn out blurry. Maybe there are some principles from spear fishing that I can learn. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home