Sunday, April 01, 2007

Long time

After recovering from last night, I decided to jump into Lobster bay. It was going to be the first time in 2007, using Scuba gear. At 3pm, the best light was already gone, but visibility was *****. Actually it would have been excellent for free-diving; I will go later this week. I wore the 7mm suit, which is too warm by now, so I will switch back to 3mm. I was a bit too buoyant, and carried a rock. The Oceanic Zeta caused trouble again, and showed minor free-flow. I have used Oceanic regulators for several years in Germany, where they proved almost maintenance free and never acted up. Ever since I moved to HK, both my oceanic regularly cause problems for one reason or another, usually free-flow. I will give it another try, and if I cannot figure it out, switch to Apeks.
The dive itself was not very eventful but felt amazing. I spend around 40 minutes in the water, taking a right hand turn. There was not too much fish, some clown, box and large starfish. At the tip, I found a single branch of red corral. Very unusual, as all other coral in the area is of the round or flat type.
Raymond saved the life of an octopus, caught by some fellow divers earlier, alive. He very kindly asked them, and they put it back in the water. Raymond and I share the philosophy that the only thing you should take out of the water are garbage and photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home