Thursday, February 05, 2009

Boot 2009

This years BOOT was different from previous shows. First of all, the economic downturn was visible, with fewer visitors, and an overall less hectic and more pleasant atmosphere. Second, I was not just going to be a visitor, but do active business development for Victor.

In two days, we visited many companies, ranging from small mail-order shops for DIY-lamps, to large distributors of general scuba equipment. The general response was most excellent, and we took away some good sales leads. For Victor, I was a good ice-breaker, and managed to land him some good meetings. For me, he was a mayor asset, and helped me get to know people that otherwise would show little interest in me.

Besides doing business, I mainly shopped for scuba books, and looked for dive vacation spots in Germany and nearby countries. In addition, I was going to find a school for a German boat license. I found two books on underwater photography, and only when the salesman flipped open the cover, I realized that I had bought them from the author, highly acclaimed underwater photographer Herbert Frei. My personal highlight of course, was a meeting with Erich Ritter, world-famous behavioral biologist for sharks.

Also, I signed up as assistant instructor with Horst; 2009 is going to be one fat year.


Victor with Michael Finger of Mike-Dive

Me and Erich Ritter of Shark Shool. Me, very happy.

Victor admiring a neoprene wedding dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home